Monday 26 February 2018

Literature Review Reflection and Beginning Data Collection

Today was the day in which Eleanor added me to the Special Interest Group that is the BAPP Arts Facebook Group. People had already begun sharing their thoughts about their inquires, as well as sharing the start of their data collection processes. I saw that Jess had created a survey that she started handing out, so I thought that I would begin questioning various teachers on their thoughts about the Creative Arts within mainstream Education.

I have recently been writing my Literature Review and I cannot believe how much this has helped me and enabled me to discover more about this field. I strongly believe that the reviewing process has actually enabled me to realise the questions I want to ask and find out exactly what I would really like to know. It amazes me how just reading other people's thoughts can open you up to more questions about your own practice!

As a result, I have used the questions that cropped up in my thought process to create a survey that teaching staff, whether in mainstream Education or in Performing Arts Education outside of the school setting can share their thoughts on Creativity and also share some Creative methods that I have not used before.

I am incredibly intrigued and excited to find out what teachers across the country and the world believe about Creative teaching!

The survey can be accessed here:

4 comments:

  1. Hi Emma,

    Glad to have you as a part of the Module Three BAPP Facebook group!

    I was amazed to read your blog and to hear on the Skype call how far into your inquiry you are (I am still struggling with literature) but it is great to hear how much your literature has helped to inform your inquiry and I hope this will be the case for me too.
    I think it is not until we start to really learn things from our literature that we start to realise its importance in our inquiry.
    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emily,

      I'm so glad the Skype helped you yesterday and how reading this has also directed you. The thing is, I I didn't expect to go this far due to the fact that I was only focusing on the next step: The Literature Review. But as I was doing this, it all just kind of came quite naturally, you know? Just by seeing what others have said it makes you question everything and makes you more inquisitive - which surely this course is all about, right?!

      Glad it's been of help to you. We must discuss this topic over a one to one Skype soon!

      Emma x

      Delete
  2. Hi Emma,
    It's enlightening to see how much your literature review has helped with the progress of your work. I am currently gathering all relevant quotes etc for my inquiry in my reflective journal. Even that first step of my literature review has been really helpful and has helped me highlight theories.
    I am hoping once I refine this information to a review of a few different sources of literature - then my inquiry will be clearer still.
    Eleanor x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eleanor, that all sounds great. It feels like we are all moving forwards a little more as a result of sharing ideas and looking at different avenues!

      Emma x

      Delete