Saturday 18 March 2017

Module 1 - Task 2A: Reflective Journal



I have really enjoyed the process of writing down my thoughts and feelings on my professional work and this task couldn't have come at a better time. This is because at the same time as starting module one, I am also starting a new permanent position as a Higher Level Teaching Assistant within a Primary School and have been writing a journal on my experiences since starting at the school. This will be so, so helpful to keep a record of, as I plan to become a teacher and can use this to truly look back on my development and see how I use my skills in professional Acting to progress and grow.

In my journal, I am not only writing down the ways in which my skills are helping me each day, but I am also acknowledging the Art of Teaching itself. Since starting at the school I have found things incredibly challenging, because there are many children at this school with various complicated backgrounds. There are children who behave aggressively or have little interest in education and I can't help but feel that it is my duty and inner gut instinct to turn this school round for the positive and believe wholeheartedly that I can use my skills as a performer in order to do this. This is why it is so important to keep track of every improvement I make and every challenge I face and most importantly...
LEARN from it.

“The teacher must be an actor, an artist, passionately in love with his work.”
Anton Chekhov

No comments:

Post a Comment