Wednesday 5 October 2016

The Recognition of Learning Module - Activity Number Five

Job Descriptions - From then to now...

What was my job description as an Actor?

My role as an actor was to provide entertainment and present a believable character in an imaginary yet believable siutation at that moment. To transport people to another world and help them escape the one in which they currently live in and present situations that affect people in everyday life and highlight how events can change people's lives, whether that be in a positive or negative way.
 
"Acting is behaving truthfully under imaginary circumstances."

Current Job Description

Acting Teacher at Kayleigh Carina Performing Arts School

My role within the school is to provide quality tuition in the practice of acting in order for the children to develop skills specifically in the Dramatic Arts. My other key role is to direct the children in upcoming shows and productions, preparing them for performing through rehearsals, classroom explorations and set homework where they can make there own explorations. It is my job to encourage young people and help them build their confidence, social skills and educate them about the performing world.

Tutor at Explore Learning

My role is to tutor children from 5- 14 years old in Maths and English tuition as well as act as Creative Writing Co-ordinator. My aim is to aid young people in developing their maths and english skills so that they progress in the National Curriculum.
 


Here you can see the specifications for my role as an Explore Learning Tutor. In summary I have to:

·         Monitor academic and social progress

·         Provide feedback to parents

·         Working with 6 children at a time

·         Give children support and encouragement

·         Work closely with centre managers

·         Ensure the curriculum is tailored to that child

·         Create a vibrant, positive, enjoyable atmosphere

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emma, I found this piece of reading insightful and relevant to my own life. As of today I have just began my journey on the BAPP Degree course Module One. My practice is acting also and it is inspiring to hear about your experience and to see what it is ahead of me in the later modules.
    Eleanor Byrne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there, Eleanor! Thank you so much for your comment, I'm so glad that you have found my blog so useful due to an interest in the same profession. I am also undertaking Module 1 too! These blogs were from the pre-programme Route of Learning module so I hope you find them useful for your learning and that we also get to speak about Module 1 and our findings!

    Emma

    ReplyDelete