Monday 23 October 2017

Module Two - Task 4C - Developing my Questions

Since interviewing teacher, Daniel, with my questions I then wanted to see if I could develop them further with him. I wanted to see if there was any way in which I could refine them so that they were more specific and truly honed in on why the question would benefit my practice.

The previous questions were:

What is creativity? What does Creative Arts mean?


How do you teach someone to be creative?


Is there any time where you think the Creative Arts isn't creative?


How do you think the Creative Arts benefits Education?


Our revised versions of the questions now are:

How would you describe the term, 'Creative Arts?'


Can you teach someone to be creative or not?


Can the Creative Arts be restrictive and if so, how?


In what ways can the Creative Arts benefit the current National Curriculum?

I feel as if these questions have been rewritten in order to be much more specific, but to also not presume that the answer would be a 'yes' or 'no' before an explanation. Instead of asking 'what do you think X is?'  I'm instead asking 'can it be like this?' leaving the question open to the person to first consider if it is even a yes or no answer to start with. I've asked if people can 'describe' what they think instead, yet talk more specifically about what The Arts can benefit in my current situation. Education can mean anything, but by specifying the National Curriculum I can think about the benefits to the current Education system, which is something that theorists, (such as Ken Robinson), refer to. This is my current setting; a Primary School. 

No comments:

Post a Comment